IFBSO's mission is to help member organisations mount cost-effective, quality exhibitions for the recreational marine industry around the world, by providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and the development of co-operation between members.
This mission translates into four key aims:
- To help IFBSO members create dynamic, cost-effective, customer-friendly and profitable marketing events for exhibitors.
- To help IFBSO members produce viable shows.
- To help the growth of the recreational marine industry.
- To promote the boating lifestyle.
IFBSO member organisations are expected to:
- Promote their show honestly on its own merits.
- Seek the endorsement of the national marine industry association in their country, or an MIA in a neighbouring country if none exists in their own.
- Display the relevant IFBSO logo and slogan on all relevant trade marketing material.
- Provide prospective and actual exhibitors with accurate information concerning the number and demographics of visitors at their shows.
- Inform other members when planning to change the dates of a show outside its traditional cycle, or to launch a new event.
- Submit all suitable boat shows within their control for IFBSO membership or, if this is inappropriate, apply the principles of IFBSO to all other boat shows within their control.